Su Nuraxi di Barumini is a nuraghi complex at the small village of Barumini in the central part of Sardinia. It used to be the most important Nuraghe on the island of Sardinia.
Su Nuraxi di Barùmini is located on a hill and was built around 1700 BC. The ruins that remain, was once a complex serving as a defensive structure, consisting of a very large and central tower, the so-called Nuraghe. 300 Years later, a wall was built with four large towers around the nuraghen. Scattered around are a number of small houses with conical roofs.
In the year 500 BC. Kr., The village was destroyed, but later it was again built by the Carthaginians and then got occupied by the Romans. Su Nuraxi di Barumini is the largest nuragh in Sardinia and in 1997 was included on the UNESCO list of world heritage.