Hotel Alexandra has been managed by the same family since it's construction in 1910. It is a pleasant hotel in art noveau-style situated in Via Veneto by Piazza Barberini and Via Quattro Fontane. Villa Borghese and the famous Spanish Steps are approx. 10-15 minutes walk away. The central location – within walking distance of most of the sights in Rome – combined with charming accommodation and public rooms makes this hotel a popular choice.
The hotel is well maintained and has retained the original lay-out and style as well as much of the furniture, which has been restored to ensure atmosphere and comfort. The hotel's 60 bedrooms are of the following types:
- Standard bedrooms are not very big, possibly their only drawback, but they have air conditioning, satellite TV, mini bar, telephone and en suite bathroom with toilet, shower or bath tub.
- de Luxe bedrooms are bigger than standard rooms but have the same facilities.
- Mini-suite rooms have a bathroom with hydro massage.
- Junior-suite rooms consist of a large bedroom with king-size bed, separate living room with double sofa bed and bathroom with toilet and bath tub.
- Penthouse-suite is the pride of the hotel. The 70 m² are divided over three rooms. You enter a room with a sofa which can be used as a single bed, then you come to a living room and then the actual bedroom with double bed, en suite bathroom and a large terrace with views over the rooftops of Rome.
Read more about Hotel Alexandra
The hotel is popular for holidays in Rome, but it also has meeting rooms making it also suitable for small conferences. Just across from the front main entrance beneath the century old trees in Via Veneto you find a pavilion with Alex-café, which serves lunch and supper.