The train station of Pisa is fairly central, so it's easy to get around to the sights; from the train station to the Leaning Tower (which lies on the other side of the centre) at just 2km. Pisa is directly connected by train with inter alia Florence, Lucca, Viareggio, Livorno and Pisa International Airport. It is also easy for airline passengers to get into town (5 minutes drive).
When you do not stay strategically in relation to a train station, and prefer to leave the car, there is the possibility that you can catch a bus to Pisa. These will also stop at the train station (about 100 meters). The company that connects Pisa with buses called Cpt (Compagnia Pisana Trasporti). Via this link you can get an overview of the different routes and find the one that suits you best (it's only the first 10 buses in the statement, which runs to Pisa). Each route summary is an active link to the roadmap for the individual line: CPT Pisa . Pisa is also connected by bus to Siena through the company Train.
If you wish to arrive by car to Pisa, there are several options to find a parking.
Some of the city's free parking spaces will find here:
• Parcheggio Via del Brennero (Via Paparelli) . It lies north of the city with about 1 km to the center (the closest parking) and has approximately 750 parking spaces. Buses depart for the center; Line E. IMPORTANT: You can not use this parking Wednesday and Saturday between kl.07: 00 - 16:00, as there is market place in these times.
• Parcheggio Via di Pratale . Located just north of Parcheggio Via del Brennero. From there, take bus 7 into the center.
• Parcheggio Via Pietrasantina . Is located north-west of the city near the Piazza del Duomo. Here are some 700 parking spaces.
Here is a list of the larger payment for parking in Pisa (used in both current prices and hourly rate):
• Parcheggio di Piazza dei Miracoli , Via Carlo Salomone Cammeo (350 paid seats - open daily). Links to the bus to the center (LAM Rossa - red).
• Parcheggio Palazzo dei Congressi , Via Matteotti (about 150 paid places - hour)
• Parcheggio Stazione FS , Via Cesare Battisti (about 400 paid seats - open daily).
Moreover, there is a myriad of parking spaces along the streets and alleys where you organise your self a parking ticket. The tariff goes from 0.50 to 1.50 euro an hour.
By clicking onto the word "Pisa" on this page you will be referred to the information and images on the known and hidden attractions in the city.
Enjoy your trip!